The Mountains of Instead

Championing fiction as an escape from pandemics, politics and bad TV.

IMM (#14)

In My Mailbox is a meme created and hosted by Kristi over at The Story Siren with inspiration from Alea at Pop Culture JunkieAll book titles link to further info at Goodreads.


The Dark Divine
Bree Despain
Egmont 2010
Wanted to read this one for a while and did so this week as soon as it arrived.  Not sure what I made of it, to be honest... Think I might have to re-read it before attempting a review.  Would be interested to hear what others thought about it as I haven't come across many reviews...






Someone Like You
Sarah Dessen
Hodder Children's Books 1998
After reading Lock And Key recently (review coming soon) I decided to try and read some more Sarah Dessen titles.  After seeing this on Persnickety Snark's fabulous Top 100 YA Novels posts I decided to go for this one.


An Abundance of Katherines
John Green
Puffin 2006
I decided recently to read everything that John Green has ever written.  Having loved Looking For Alaska and been (eventually) wowed by Paper Towns (review here) I am greatly looking forward to embarking on this one.


Forget You
Jennifer Echols
MTV 2010
Having read myriad excited reviews about this I felt that I really had to give it a shot.  I've not read anything by Jennifer Echols before but this looks like an interesting story and I am told that pg. 211 (ARC copy) is one to look out for (thank you, Jenny at Wondrous Reads).


So that was my week - how was yours?  I expect to be a little quiet on the blog front over the next week or so as I am off for an Edinburgh Festival jolly and then away on holiday to the Orkney Isles.  Have plenty of reading to do and reviews ready to post so hopefully will keep up to date, but if not then I shall see you all when I get back!

Comments

Nomes said…
nice selection. I recently read Forget You but I failed at liking it. maybe I am too old for that teen sexy stuff ;)
Great selection of books this week. I've been wanting to read both The Dark Divine and Forget you for a while now. Enjoy your holiday by the way and happy reading!
Lauren said…
You just reminded me, I picked up a copy of The Dark Divine but it never made it into IMM... weird. I bought a copy for a Paranormal Romance obsessed friend who liked it a lot, mainly because she felt it followed the formula she loves so much. Whereas other people have told me it's, well, different. I'm not sure what to expect, but I'll check it out soon.

I haven't heard of anyone not loving Forget You, so sounds like you're in for a treat there!
What a great bunch of books! I adore Jennifer Echols and John Green (though I didn't love these two as much as their other books) and Sarah Dessen is wonderful.
back to top