The Mountains of Instead

Championing fiction as an escape from pandemics, politics and bad TV.

Zombie Days




Kristi from The Story Siren wasn't sure about zombies at all, what with the whole death thing... but then she found some books that made her change her mind.  




Zombies. Honestly I don’t get it. (I’m firmly on Team Unicorn.... but shhh don’t tell for the sake of this guest post.) I mean, what is appealing about a rotting corpse? There is that funky smell.... the occasional appendage falling off.... loss of rational thought... “I want to eat your brains!” No thanks buster, I like my brains right where they are.

I’m not really into reading about gore and grossness but thankfully not all zombie books are full of that. There are actually some zombie books that are... dare I say, Cute and Fun!?!

One of the first novels I read about Zombies, that I actually enjoyed, was Generation Dead by Daniel Waters. It wasn’t exactly fun or cute, but it did open this realm of possibility for me.... this realm that not all Zombie books were like a cheap horror flick. (Brains falling out... blood and oozing galore... you know what I’m talking about! Although I do LOVE the movie Zombieland! But I wouldn’t classify that as cheap horror.... moving on) These Zombies has substance and opinions.... and they were a whole lot more than a rotting corpse. But I mentioned something about cute and fun... didn’t I? Let’s get to that.

There are two zombie books, well a zombie series and a one book that are both cute and fun not only in substance, but cute and fun to read too!

Those two are:

The Megan Berry Series by Stacey Jay
That includes the titles, You are So Undead to Me and Undead Much..... 
Sadly the third book in the series Undead to the World was not picked up by the publisher... I HATE when that happens, especially when this is such a ‘cute and fun’ series! Although on a happy note, it will be available to read as an e-book. (insert frowning face here).

As far as I know this one isn’t a series, but it certainly could be! I, for one, would love to read more about the MC in this book! Cute & Fun.... check!

So, for you Zombie haters out there just like me, there could be in fact a zombie book out there just for you. Sometimes you just need to get beyond the stench of rotting flesh to find it. Be sure to add these to zombie-tastic books to your reading pile! Get your read-on! 


Next up on Week of The Living Dead...
Nomes from Inkcrush shares some oddly pretty zombie artwork...

Comments

Wow, lots of catching up to do on your blog, but I loved Kristi's post on Zombies - I'm definitely going to give these books a read. :)
back to top